KNETIC (Web Audio Synthesizer) (Server)
Knetic is a web based audio synthesizer that utilizes the Web Audio and MIDI API's. Knetic uses React on the frontend, Tuna.js for audio effects and is wrapped in Electron.
This repository is home to Knetic.
- SERVER - KNETIC Server, MongoDB, Monk, Express, Node.js
- CLIENT - KNETIC Client, React, Web Audio API, Web MIDI API, Tuna.js, Electron, CSS Grid
brew update brew install mongodb mkdir -p /data/db mongod
If your PATH doesn't include the location of mongod binary, enter the path in the system prompt
<path to binary>/mongod
If you are not using the default data directory (/data/db) specify using the
mongod --dbpath <path to data directory>
Set up your local mongodb databse
mongod --dbpath=/data --port 27017
Set your MONGODB_URI in your .env to the local mongodb you've created (i.e., 'localhost:27017/myproject').
In your project folder, in the command line, run
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes.
To get running locally, fork & clone or clone this repository.
This repository is dependent on the following repositories:
From the command line run the following:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:KNETIC-KRPF/KNETIC-SERVER.git cd ./KNETIC-SERVER npm install npm start
- Express - Minimal and flexible Node.js web application framework that provides a robust set of features for web and mobile applications.
- MongoDB - Non-relational database
- Monk - A tiny layer that provides simple yet substantial usability improvements for MongoDB usage within Node.JS.
- Jacob Feldman - Initial work - Jacob Feldman
- Matt Pitts - Initial work - Matt Pitts
- Alex Read - Initial work - Alex Read
- Ross Kiser - Initial work - Ross Kiser
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details