WayWeWork is a RSS and Atom feed aggregator. It has an ability to collect blogs from different sources and show them at one place. It also has an ability to poll the sources and update the database as new blogs get published.
Formats supported are Atom and RSS.
A working example is hosted at http://thewaywework.herokuapp.com/
- Register/ manage sources of feeds.
- Collect posts from registered sources.
- Get new posts from registered sources.
- Tweet about the new posts received.
- Categorize feeds and provide filters for easy look up.
- Show a list of contributors in chronological order of their latest blog posts.
- Infinite scrolling on the website to pull more blog posts when requested by a user.
The application uses the following:
- Ruby 2.0
- Rails 4.0
- Sqlite 3
Before you install the application, please ensure you have the following:
- Ruby 2.0
To install the app, run the following
git clone <THIS REPOSITORY> cd waywework rvm use 2.0.0 rake db:migrate rake feeds:initialize rails server
The application can then be accessed at http://localhost:3000