Just a bunch of config files and shell scripts that I use on daily work tasks. Probably only useful for me.
This setup is for a development environment and uses some third party software like homebrew, rvm or node, if you don't want to use this software don't install this environment. The installer relies on some functionalities given by this third party software, and tries to install dependencies if needed.
This configuration files and shell scripts are tested under Mac OSX 10.7 (Lion) and GNU bash, version 4.2.20(2)-release (i386-apple-darwin11.2.0), don't know if this combination works under different OS or bash version.
All my dotfiles lives on a shared dropbox folder, and are symlinked on my
$home directory, if you want to replicate this setup, just clone this repo to your local disk
git clone git://github.com/hyrcan/dotfiles.git
Then open a terminal window and cd to dotfiles dir (usually under
$HOME/Drobox/dotfiles) and type rake
dotfiles:install, this script makes all the work for you, it ask to install needed dependencies from external sources and symlinks all the needed files and folders under your home dir.
The only files that isn't symlinked to your home directory are the ones under config dir, you need to edit and customize this files and copy/move them to
I've modified git-prompt to fit my needs, feel free to enable or disable the modules you like.
- ackrc configuration file for ack command
- autotest ruby autotest configuration file
- bash/001-aliases.bash handy shell aliases
- bash/002-functions.bash handy shell functions
- bash/003-prompt.bash power bash prompt with VCS integration and other modules
- bash/004-dir.bash the go command, directory bookmarks
bash_completion load custom shell completion scripts fom
bash_logout executed by bash
man 1 bashwhen login shell exits
bashrc executed by bash
man 1 bashfor non-login shells
bin/ user bin directory, contains custom executable scripts ready on
- dir_colors solarized color scheme for ls and family
- git_template/hooks/ Git hooks
- gemrc configuration file for gem command
- info/ contains user info files
inputrc see readline
man 3 readlineand
info rlusermanfor more information
- irbrc configuration file for irb (interactive ruby console)
- man/ contains user man files
- my.cnf MySQL custom configuration file
- npmrc configuration file for npm command
- packages/brew contains the names of the packages installed by homebrew during installation process
- packages/gems contains the name of the gems installed during installation process
- profile user profile, is loaded by terminal each time a new session is opened
- Rakefile installation script
railsrc configuration file for irb console under
- rakelib/ required by installation script
- README.md this file
- rvmrc configuration file for rvm command
- screenrc configuration command for screen command
- tm_properties textmate 2 configuration file
- vim/ customization files for vim and MacVim editors
- vimrc configuration file for vim and MacVim editors
- Xdefaults solarized color scheme
And many others that I can't remember, that in one way or another helps me with ideas or inspiration.