Simply import the unitypackage into your Unity program and run the only scene "call_gp_decoder". Click on the button to open any GuitarPro file. A file "output.mid" will be created in the home folder of your Unity project.
(The cs-files in this repo are just for quick access and needn't be downloaded.)
- Reading GuitarPro 3 - 5 Files (based on the open python pyGuitarPro project)
- Reading GuitarPro 6 Files (using a simple bitwise compression and an xml structure with dictionary and ids)
- Reading GuitarPro 7 Files (packed like a normal zip-file and using a very large xml structure)
- Transferring all files into a common native format that saves all (and only) the information that are interesting for midi files. I.e. a lot of information like fingering or guitar amp preferences are ignored.
- Splitting to a secondary channel for certain effects
- Exporting to Midi, trying to simulate the sound as best as possible:
- Different types of harmonics
- Strum patterns
- Bending - as far as the midi standard allows
- Trembar - "
- Volume knob effects
- Muted notes
- and perhaps more..
(I must mention that GuitarPro's native Midi export lacks far behind in this functionality!)
Please enjoy and create some great software with this!