Linode Dynamic DNS Update - github.com/aw
- 1. Install the linode gem:
sudo gem install linode
- 2. Make sure you create a DNS entry with an A record pointing to your IP.
- 3. Add this script to your crontab (runs every 10 minutes):
*/10 * * * * bash -c 'source $HOME/.bash_profile && /usr/bin/ruby /opt/linode_dynamic_dns.rb'
Config file (/opt/.linoderc)
The config file ensures you're not constantly hitting Linode with DNS updates.
dynamic_host: macbook dynamic_domain: yourdomain.com api_key: your-linode-api-key
Make sure you change permissions of /opt/.linoderc to 600
- If you ever delete/recreate the A record in your DNS, you'll need to change
- or remove 'dynamic_host_resource_id' from your .linoderc config file