This is the home of the Alfresco SDK. The Alfresco SDK is used by developers to build extensions for the Alfresco Digital Business Platform. It is based on Apache Maven, compatible with major IDEs and enables Rapid Application Development (RAD) and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- 2021-02: Alfresco SDK 4.2.0 released
- 2019-10: Alfresco SDK 4.1.0 released
- 2019-03: Alfresco SDK 4.0.0 released
- 2019-03: Alfresco SDK 3.1.0 released
- 2017-06-23: Alfresco SDK 3.0.1 released, containing a critical bugfix
- 2017-04-01: Alfresco SDK 3.0.0 released
- 2017-03-27: After years of hard work, countless iterations and gathering feedback, SDK 3.0 has finally been merged into the master branch, ready for release in the coming days
- 2016-02-20: SDK 2.2.0 released to Maven Central. Docs for Community, Enterprise, Release notes
- 2015-10-19: SDK 2.1.1 released to Maven Central. Docs for Community, Enterprise
- 2015-05-20: SDK 2.1.0 released to Maven Central. Docs for Community, Enterprise
- 2014-12-23: SDK 2.0.0 release to Maven Central. Docs, Release Notes
- 2014-08-22: First SNAPSHOT of SDK 2.0.0 in the OSS Sonatype Repository!
- 2014-07: Project fully migrated from Google Code.
User Getting Started
Important Notice about Version Numbers
In Q4 2020, Alfresco Platform has undergone a major structural refactoring.
Depending on the Platform version desired, you might need to use SDK 4.1 instead of SDK 4.2.
- For Enterprise and Community versions of 7.x, SDK 4.2 must be used
- For Enterprise versions of 6.0.x, 6.1.x, 6.2.x newer than November 2020, SDK 4.2 must be used
- For Enterprise and Community versions of 6.0.x, 6.1.x, 6.2.x older than November 2020, SDK 4.1 must be used
A more precise compatibility matrix, with specific version numbers, is expected to be provided soon.
It's also important to remember that:
- Community Platform versions are built by acs-community-packaging
- Community Docker images are published on Docker Hub
- Enterprise Platform versions are built by acs-packaging
- Enterprise Docker images are published on Quay.io
To get started with Alfresco SDK 4.2.x (latest) visit the Alfresco Documentation.
Documentation about Previous Versions
Reporting Issues and Community Support
Alfresco Enterprise Customers and Partners Support
- As of version 2.0-beta-1, The Alfresco SDK is released in Maven Central. Previous versions are available in the Alfresco Artifacts Repository.
- Alfresco (Community and Enterprise) artifacts are hosted in the Alfresco Artifacts Repository.
- Alfresco Community artifacts (JARs, WARs, AMPs, poms) and SDK artifacts are publicly available.
NOTE: By default the Alfresco SDK will use Community Edition releases but it can be configured to use Enterprise Edition releases. Enterprise and Premier customers can use the SDK with Enterprise Edition releases by following the process described in Working with Enterprise.
Alfresco Artifacts Repository
You can use the following snippet in your pom.xml to access releases from the Alfresco Artifact repository:
<repository> <id>alfresco-public</id> <url>https://artifacts.alfresco.com/nexus/content/groups/public</url> </repository>
To test new unreleased (unsupported) features, you can use the following snippet in your pom.xml to access SDK nightlies (SNAPSHOTS) from the OSS Sonatype repository:
<repository> <id>oss-sonatype-snapshots</id> <url>https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/</url> </repository>
- Alfresco Community Docker images are publicly available at the Alfresco's Docker Hub profile.
- Alfresco Enterprise Docker images are hosted at Quay.io. Its configuration process is described in detail in How to configure private Alfresco Docker registry.
For Developers that want to contribute to the SDK
See the Developers Wiki page.