Mastodon Material Tweaks
Collected herein is an userstyle built upon the Mastodon Material theme, for the Mastodon social network. While the stock material theme is phenomenal as it is, I had a few things I wanted to tweak, and this additional userstyle was born.
As is obvious from the screenshot, the theme is optimized for the case where Mastodon displays a single column at a time. A window taking up half of an 1920x1080 screen is the perfect size.
- Links within status cards are colored blue, and underlined on hover.
- The top bar was moved to the left, and was turned dark. It now slides out when hovered.
- Boosted and favourited toots had their "boosted by"/"favourited by" messages moved within the status card.
- The notification tab had a major overhaul:
- Favourited toots are highlighted with a faint yellow background.
- Boosted toots are highlighted with a faint green background.
- New followers are not boxed, but appear plainly on the background.
- Media galleries have a white background, for a more seamless experience.
- Several margins and paddings have been removed or adjusted, for better use of the screen.
- Several widgets were removed or hidden, because their role is fulfilled by
- The navigation header above the compose widget in full-size mode has been hidden, because the navigation sidebar is always visible now.
- The column headers (
Notifications, etc) are hidden by default, they appear when hovering over the very top of the page.
- The scrollbar had its track hidden, and its color lightened.
- Most of the icon buttons rotate when hovered over.
- Dropdown menus were changed to have a white background, and lighter shadows.
- The compose widget (and page) was restyled to be card-based too.
- Various minor fixes here and there.