Film Finder is a work in progress to help a family member plan cinema visits.
This is based off the frustration that the current Cineworld website organises film times by individual day and not film title, meaning you can only see one day at a time. This makes it difficult to:
- compare days to visit (choosing the most appropriate time for you based on the film you want to see)
- decide which day is best to see more than one film at a time
- plan to visit multiple times in a week (e.g. if you have a Cineworld Unlimited card)
This is used as a personal project to learn API calls, results display and how to table unknown-length returned data.
Results exclude any subtitled films, but include 3D, 4D and Cinebabies.
- print stylings
- non-Bootstrapped layout (Bootstrap used initially for speed)
- accessing JSON object properties
- how to add headers to the API call
- appropriate date formatting