A curated collection of resources covering Apache JMeter and related stuff and shiny things: plugins, integrations, testing techniques, DevOps practices, etc.
Apache JMeter is open source, pure Java application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance.
- Official Resources
- Getting Started
- Best Practices
- Distributed Testing
- Cloud Services / SaaS
- Results Processing
- Performance Testing
- APM Integration
- JMeter Performance
- Tips & Tricks
- Trainings & Courses
- Apache JMeter Project - Apache JMeter official website.
- GitHub Repository - Apache JMeter source code repository.
- JMeter Wiki - Apache JMeter official documentation.
- Issue Tracking - Apache JMeter issue tracking system.
- Mailing Lists - Apache JMeter mailing lists.
- Download Apache JMeter - Apache JMeter: Official downloads.
- JMeter for Windows - Package for installation JMeter with plugins.
- JMeter Bootstrap - Solution to setup JMeter and JMeter plugins, suitable to be used as a submodule.
- Getting Started with Apache JMeter
- A Simple Load Test with JMeter
- The Beginner's Guide to Performance Testing with Apache JMeter
- JMeter — Performance and Load Testing: Beginner's Guide: part 1, part 2
- JMeter Tutorial - By ArtOfTesting.
- Load Testing with JMeter - By Brandon Konkle.
- JMeter Resources - By Dejan Lukan.
- JMeter Tutorial - By Tutorials Point.
- JMeter Tutorial for Load Testing: The Ultimate Guide - By Daniel Gutierrez Diez.
- JMeter: Load Development Lifecycle - By DataCadamia.
- Load Testing with Apache JMeter - By DigitalOcean.
- JMeter Tutorial for Beginners - By Guru99.
- JMeter Official Best Practices
- JMeter Best Practices
- Optimize JMeter for Large Scale Tests
- Concurrent, High Throughput Performance Testing with JMeter
- Beanshell vs JSR223 vs Java JMeter Scripting - Most popular scripting mechanisms performance comparison.
- Testing with Groovy - Using JMeter and Groovy for load testing.
- JMeter: забудьте про BeanShell Sampler - JMeter: forget about BeanShell Sampler
- Ruby-JMeter - A Ruby-based DSL for building JMeter test plans.
- jmeter-java-dsl - Simple API to run JMeter performance tests in an VCS and programmers friendly way.
- jmeter-groovy-dsl - The Groovy-JMeter project is simple DSL to write JMeter test plans.
- jmeter-as-code - Simple wrapper for JMeter to write and execute JMeter tests with Java.
- loadtest - An R package for load testing using JMeter.
- Taurus - Automation-friendly framework for Continuous Testing.
- Performance testing framework - Framework both for backend load testing with Apache JMeter and frontend load testing with sitespeed.io + webpagetest private instance.
- JMeter Load Testing Center - Online web-application/dashboard to run, monitor and analyze results of load tests using JMeter.
- MeterSphere - One-stop open-source enterprise-class continuous testing platform, compatible with open-source standards such as JMeter
- Carrier - Continuous test execution platform with ability to perform load testing using customized JMeter and Gatling containers.
- swaggerjmx - Tool to convert Swagger UI specification into JMeter test plans.
- postman2jmx - Postman collection to JMeter jmx file converter.
- convert-postman-jmeter - Convert Postman projects to JMeter.
Tools & Plugins
- JMeter Ant Task - Ant task to automate running JMeter test plans.
- JMeter Maven Plugin - Maven plugin that provides the ability to run JMeter tests as part of the build.
- JMeter Gradle Plugin - Gradle plugin to execute JMeter tests.
- Jenkins Performance Plugin - Jenkins plugin to capture reports from JMeter and generate graphic charts with the trend report of performance and robustness.
- TeamCity Performance Tests Analysis Plugin - TeamCity plugin to organize simplest performance testing in CI
- Bamboo JMeter Aggregator Plugin - Bamboo plugin to collect, assert and graph JMeter test results.
- Sonar JMeter Plugin - Plugin to collect JMeter performance tests results and display in Sonar dashboard
- Lightning - Framework to integrate JMeter non-functional tests with CI/CD server.
- Taurus JMeter Executor - JMeter Executor in Taurus automation framework.
- PerfAction for JMeter - GitHub Action to run performance tests using Apache JMeter and its plugins.
Tutorials & Demo
- Performance Tests with JMeter, Maven and Hudson
- CI with Jenkins, Git, Maven, Grunt, and JMeter
- Continuous automated web tests using Jenkins and JMeter
- Automating JMeter tests with Maven and Jenkins
- How to automate JMeter tests with Maven and Jenkins: part 1, part 2
- JMeter Continuous Performance Testing (JMeter + Ant + Jenkins): part 1, part 2
- Continuous Integration 101: How to Run JMeter with Jenkins
- JMeter Distributed Testing Step-by-step
- JMeter Remote Testing
- Setting up a JMeter Cluster for web server load testing
- Dockerized JMeter - Distributed load testing workflow with Docker and JMeter.
- JMeter Docker Images
- Distributed JMeter testing using Docker
- A Docker solution to JMeter + InfluxDB + Grafana performance testing
- AutoMeter - An automation tool for scaling load tests using distributed slaves, based on JMeter master-slave architecture.
- Testing in Cloud
- jmeter-kubernetes - JMeter cluster support for Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- jmeter-k8s-starterkit - JMeter k8s starter kit, with live test reporting, JMeter monitoring, k8s monitoring and mock as a service.
- kangal - Kubernetes and Go Automatic Loader solution to run performance tests in Kubernetes cluster using multiple load generators.
- aks_testing_fwk - AKS-based scalable JMeter test framework with Grafana reporting.
- Amazon Web Services
- jmeter-ec2 - Automates running Apache JMeter on Amazon EC2.
- gee - A modified version of JMeter-EC2 project.
- os-jmeter-aws - Run JMeter on multiple Amazon EC2 instances, view results in ELK.
- Load Testing with JMeter and Amazon EC2
- Performance Testing in the Cloud with JMeter & AWS
- JMeter distributed testing with Amazon EC2
- Lightweight JMeter Cloud - Building your own JMeter Cloud using DigitalOcean, JMeter and Docker.
- Microsoft Azure
- Load Testing Pipeline with JMeter, ACI and Terraform - Scalable cloud load/stress testing pipeline solution with Apache JMeter and Terraform to dynamically provision and destroy the required infrastructure on Azure.
Cloud Services / SaaS
List of cloud-based load testing services with support of JMeter test plans execution.
- Perforce BlazeMeter - Performance engineering platform with JMeter and Selenium support.
- OctoPerf - SaaS and On-Premise Load Testing Tool with JMeter and Selenium support.
- Tricentis Flood - Load testing service with JMeter, Gatling and Selenium scenarios support.
- RedLine13 - AWS-based load testing service with JMeter, Gatling and Selenium scenarios support.
- LoadRunner Cloud - Micro Focus cloud-based solution for web and mobile performance testing with JMeter and Gatling support (formerly HP StormRunner Load).
- Loadium - AWS-based load testing service with JMeter and Selenium support.
- JMeter Report Dashboard - JMeter supports dashboard report generation to get graphs and statistics from a test plan.
- Latency Lingo - Publish test results to generate hosted, interactive dashboards containing insights.
- JMeter Log Analysis - Suggestions and recipes for JMeter log analysis.
- Analyzing JMeter Results
- JMeter Result Analysis: The Ultimate Guide
- JtlReporter - Online reporting application to generate reports by uploading JTL file.
- JAnalyser - Browser-based results analysis tool.
- JMeter Result Analysis Plugin - Maven plugin that parses JMeter test results and generates detailed reports with charts.
- JMeter Results Analyser - Web-based application for collating, analysing and reporting JMeter test results.
- DB Results Collectors
- JMeter SLA Report - JMeter HTML report generator based on JAMon.
- InfluxDB & Grafana
- Using JMeter with InfluxDB & Grafana - Collection of guides to collect and visualize real-time test results and server monitoring stats using InfluxDB & Grafana.
- How to Use Grafana to Monitor JMeter Non-GUI Results
- jmeterReports - Autogenerated JMeter test-run results reported into Confluence, using Grafana custom dashboards
- InfluxDB Community Template for JMeter - Prepackaged InfluxDB configurations that contain everything from dashboards and Telegraf configurations to notifications and alerts in a single manifest file.
- Grafana Dashboards
- JMeter Load Test Dashboard - Grafana dashboard shows live load test metrics provided by JMeter (by NovaTec-APM).
- JMeter Dashboard using Core InfluxdbBackendListenerClient - Monitor your Apache JMeter load test in real time with InfluxDB and Grafana (by Philippe M).
- JMeter Dashboard (3.2 and up) - Monitor JMeter load test in real time with InfluxDB and Grafana (by adrianbanu).
- JMeter (via prometheus exporter) - A Grafana dashboard to inspect JMeter metrics via Prometheus exporter (by chiabre).
- JMeter-InfluxBD-Writer Plugin - JMeter plugin to write load test data on-the-fly into InfluxDB.
- JMeter Results to InfluxDB - Read JMeter results from csv file and put into InfluxDB database.
- ELK Stack
- Using ELK - Using Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana to visualize JMeter test results.
- JMeter + ElasticSearch Live Monitoring - Using the ElasticSearch Backend listener and Grafana/Kibana to monitor results in real time.
- jmeter-logstash - Parse JTL result with Docker and Logstash in real time or after test end, and send data to Elasticsearch or InfluxDb, to have a nice dashboard and compare different tests.
- Backend Listener Implementations
- jmeter-elasticsearch-backend-listener - JMeter plugin to send test results to an ElasticSearch engine.
- jmeter-backend-azure - JMeter plugin to send test results to Azure Application Insights.
- jmeter-backend-listener-kafka - JMeter plugin to send test results to a Kafka server.
- jmeter-listener - JMeter plugin to write load test data on-the-fly to ClickHouse, InfluxDB, ElasticSearch.
- jmeter-influxdb2-listener-plugin - InfluxDB v2.0 listener plugin for Apache JMeter.
- jmeter-datadog-backend-listener - Send JMeter test results to Datadog.
- jmeter-dynatrace-plugin - A JMeter Backend listener implementation to send the recorded load test metrics via the Dynatrace MINT metric ingest to the configured Dynatrace monitoring environment.
- jmeter-backend-newrelic - A JMeter plugin to send test results to New Relic Metrics API.
- Custom & Deprecated
- Using Matplotlib & Python - Plotting JMeter load test results with Matplotlib plotting tool and Python.
- Statistical Aggregate Report - Custom Statistical Aggregate Report listener for enhanced results visualization.
- JChav - JMeter Chart History and Visualization library.
- JMeter Dashboard: howto, sources - Real-time monitoring of JMeter load test.
- Using CMDRunner & Powershell - Create JMeter graphs with CMDRunner with powershell parallel execution.
- JMeter Graph Tool Maven Plugin - Maven plugin to create graphs and filter results using CMDRunner and Filter Results Tools from JMeter Plugins; usually used along with the JMeter Maven Plugin.
- Easy and realistic Load Testing of HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) with Apache JMeter
- Using JMeter to Load Test Live HLS Concurrency of Wowza Streaming Engine
- Load testing HLS with Ruby JMeter
- How to Test Video Streaming with JMeter
- HLS JMeter Plugin
- JMeter RTE Plugin - JMeter RTE (Remote Terminal Emulator protocol) plugin for testing Mainframe applications.
- JMeter gRPC Plugin - JMeter plugin supports load test gRPC.
- JMeter gRPC Request - JMeter gRPC Request load test plugin.
- JMeter Dubbo Plugin - JMeter plugin for Apache Dubbo.
- JMeter Plugins - Independent set of plugins for Apache JMeter, with plugin manager references many plugins and simplifies installation.
- Ubik Load Pack - Productivity extensions for Apache JMeter.
- GitHub Topics: jmeter-plugin, jmeter-plugins - Explore JMeter plugins tagged with the
- Correlation Recorder Plugin - JMeter plugin that simplifies the process of recording for applications with Dynamic Variables by providing automatic correlations of variables at recording time.
- Siebel CRM Plugin - JMeter plugin to simplify the scripting of Siebel CRM applications by providing automatic correlations of variables at recording time
- ULP Auto-correlator Plugin - Commercial plugin for Oracle and Vaadin-based applications from Ubik Load Pack.
- JMeter Developer Manual
- How to write a plugin for JMeter
- How to build a JMeter plugin utilizing Groovy
- How to create a plugin in JMeter
- Custom JMeter Samplers and Config Elements
- Implement Custom JMeter Samplers
- Intellij IDEA IDE Plugin - Create run configurations and run JMeter tests from Intellij IDEA.
- JMeter + Eclipse HOWTO - Develop the JMeter project with Eclipse IDE.
- Using a Load Generator in NetBeans IDE
Alternative editors for JMX files, in addition to standard JMeter GUI and XML editors.
- BlocklyJMX Editor - A web-based viewer and editor for JMeter test plan files (part of JMeter Plugins project).
- JEval - A Python-based utility which evaluates JMeter test plan and provides recommendations and best practices by analyzing each element.
- JMX Enhancer - A solution to expedite preparation of JMeter test plans.
- jmx.js - Web-based editor for JMeter JMX files
Integration with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools to analyze the performance of application servers, database servers, and web services.
- Servers Performance Monitoring Plugin - Server monitoring plugin from JMeter Plugins project.
- CA App Synthetic Monitor - Transaction monitoring & testing solution with JMeter support.
- Dynatrace and JMeter integration
- JMeter integration with AppDynamics - APM & EUM solution with JMeter integration.
- Performance Remediation using New Relic and JMeter: part 1, part 2
- JMeter Performance - JMeter performance evolution across versions.
- JMeter Performance and Tuning Tips - By Ubik Ingenierie.
- How to speed up JMeter: part 1, part 2
Tips & Tricks
- JMeter tips - JMeter tips and tricks scratchpad.
- Apache JMeter: A Practical Beginner's Guide to Automated Testing and Performance Measurement for Your Websites - By Emily H. Halili (Packt Publishing).
- Performance Testing with JMeter 2.9 - By Bayo Erinle (Packt Publishing); guide to test web applications using Apache JMeter with practical, hands-on examples.
- Performance Testing with JMeter, 2nd Edition - By Bayo Erinle (Packt Publishing).
- Performance Testing with JMeter 3, 3rd Edition - By Bayo Erinle (Packt Publishing).
- JMeter Cookbook - By Bayo Erinle (Packt Publishing); 70 insightful and practical recipes to help successfully use Apache JMeter.
- JMeter by Example - By Sai Matam and Jagdeep Jain (Leanpub); a simple, practical, step-by-step tutorial to measure the performance of websites.
- Pro Apache JMeter: Web Application Performance Testing - By Sai Matam and Jagdeep Jain (Apress).
- Master Apache JMeter: From load testing to DevOps - By Antonio Gomes Rodrigues, Bruno Demion (Milamber) and Philippe Mouawad (Leanpub, Packt Publishing).
- Advanced JMeter Testing - By Penny Curich (Leanpub), guide to write custom components for Apache JMeter 5.0.
Trainings & Courses
- JMeter: Performance and Load Testing (Feb 2019) - By LinkedIn Learning.
- Advanced JMeter (Jul 2020) - By LinkedIn Learning.
- JMeter Training Courses - By NobleProg.
- BlazeMeter University - By BlazeMeter.
- JMeter Courses collection - By Udemy.
- Web Applications (and Mobile Apps) Performance Testing with JMeter - By Pragmatic Test Labs.
- Training courses on Load Testing with Apache JMeter - By Ubik Ingenierie.
- Apache JMeter Training - By QAInsights.
- JMeter Getting Started Course (Apr 2019) - By Pluralsight.
- JMeter Tutorials - By Automation Step by Step.
- Learn Apache JMeter Series - By QAInsights.
- JMeter / Devops/ CI-CD / Cloud - By xavki
- BlazeMeter Blog - BlazeMeter blog about JMeter and performance testing.
- Ubik Load Pack Blog - Ubik Ingenierie blog.
- TestAutomationGuru Blog - Technical blog on test automation.
- RedLine13 Blog - JMeter articles in RedLine13 blog.
- Flood.io Blog - Load testing thoughts, stories and ideas from Flood IO.
- JMeter Blog - Another blog for performance & automation testing using JMeter.
- OctoPerf Blog - OctoPerf blog about JMeter and load testing.
- Abstracta JMeter Archives - Abstracta blog about JMeter.
- JMeter Tips - Blog about Apache JMeter and performance testing of web applications
- JMeter Expert Blog - JMeterExpert blog
- JMeter Series - Sourcepole blog
- JMeter Basics - By João Farias.
- JMeter Google Group
- JMeterPlugins Google Group
- JMeter SQAforums
- JMeter - Тестирование производительности - Discussion board by Software-Testing.ru
- @ApacheJMeter - Official Twitter account of the Apache JMeter load testing tool.
- @jmeter_plugins - Twitter account of custom plugins project for JMeter load testing tool.
- @BlazeMeter - Official Twitter account of Blazemeter, performance engineering platform for DevOps, based on JMeter.
- @masterjmeter - Official account of the Master Apache JMeter from Load Testing to DevOps book.
- @ubikloadpack - Twitter account of Ubik Load Pack, custom JMeter plugins for Video Streaming & complex protocols load testing.
- Awesome Software Quality - A list of free software testing and verification resources.
- Awesome Testing - A curated list of testing resources.
- Awesome Tsung - Open-source multi-protocol distributed load testing tool, developed in Erlang.
- Awesome Gatling - Open-source load and performance testing framework based on Scala, Akka and Netty.
- Awesome k6 - Open-source, developer-centric performance monitoring and load testing solution.
- Awesome Locust - Open-source scalable load testing framework written in Python.
- How They Load Test - A curated collection of publicly available resources on how companies around the world perform load testing.
- Load Testing Toolkit - Collection of open-source tools for debugging, benchmarking, load and stress testing your code or services.
Contributions are welcome!
Please take a look at the CONTRIBUTING guidelines first.