A simple command-line podcatcher.
GitHub Project: (https://github.com/alixnovosi/puckfetcher)
Supports Python 3.6+. Please report any issues on the GitHub project or reach out over email.
Directory for config file:
- OSX: /Users/[USERNAME]/Application Support/puckfetcher/config.yaml
- Linux: /home/[USERNAME]/.config/puckfetcher/config.yaml
Build + Install:
python3 setup.py install
python3 setup.py test
- Download any podcast with an RSS URL.
- Download newest episodes on demand.
- Download any episode from a podcast's backlog.
- Respects podcast authors' websites - rate limits, checks when feed was last updated when trying to refresh.
- Provides progress on downloads.
- Provides summary of recently-downloaded podcasts per-session, as well as summary of recently-downloaded episodes per-podcast.
- Add MP3 tag support to clean up tags based on feed information if it’s messy.
Ideas for Future Releases
- Text-based progress for other time-consuming actions.
- Support PyPy (when it supports 3.6+).
- Allow parallel downloading.