The program checks a mail from a number of mailboxes at specified intervals. It signals when new messages arrives, shows a specified number of last messages, allows to delete some of them.
The Mailagent is written in Golang and have the following dependencies:
- go-imap, go-imap/client packages to implement access to the imap mail server: https://godoc.org/github.com/emersion/go-imap
- external, a GUI framework, https://github.com/alkresin/external
You need also a GuiServer executable, which is necessary for the External, see https://github.com/alkresin/guiserver
Ready binary package for Windows with the GuiServer included may be downloaded from http://www.kresin.ru/en/guisrv.html
Adding a mailbox
To add a mailbox to the list you need to click on the menu button in a left upper corner and to select the 'Add mailbox' menu item. Then input the following items in a dialog box:
- Title - the title of a mailbox - it will be displayed in the list;
- Address and port - the address and port number of the mail server. Have in mind, that we use imap protocol, so, for gmail, for example, it should be imap.gmail.com:993
- Login - the login name for a mailbox;
- Password - the password for a mailbox. You may do not input it here for to not keep it in agent.ini. In this case you will be asked about password every time at a program start;
- Trash folder name - a name of a mailbox folder, where deleted messages should be copied. If it is not set, messages won't be copied before deleting;
- Web address - a web address of your mailbox. It will be opened in a browser if you double click on the mailbox in a list;
- Refresh interval (min) - a time interval in minutes to refresh the mailbox information;
- Max messages - a number of last messages in the mailbox, which will be displayed in a messages list.