Allan Pope’s personal portfolio & blog
Installing required dependencies on your machine
- Navigate to websites folder in terminal
- Install Grunt if not already installed on your machine
npm-installto install all of the sites dependencies
gruntto start Grunt
jekyll serveto start Jekyll.
- Navigate to http://localhost:4000/ in the browser to view site
Grunt will now watch certain folders in the project and run tasks when files are updated/saved.
Project is setup with
- Compass - Compile Sass to CSS using Compass
- Uglify - Minify files with UglifyJS.
- Watch - Run predefined tasks whenever watched file patterns are added, changed or deleted.
- Imagemin - Minifies PNG and JPEG images
- Sass files within the assets/scss/ folder will be generated to the assets/css/style.css
- JavsScript files in the folder assets/js/plugins and assets/js/main.js will be uglified and concatenated together to make portfolio.js & portfolio.min.js
- You can compress images in the folder assets/img/uncompressed by running
grunt imagemin. The new images will be generated to folder assets/img/