Turnilo is a business intelligence, data exploration and visualization web application for Druid. Turnilo is a fork of Pivot which is currently available under commercial licence only. This repository was forked from the stalled repository Swiv with the latest version of Pivot under Apache license.
Druid is heavily used as business intelligence platform at Allegro. In order to gain wide adoption of non-technical users, Druid requires simple yet powerful user interface. In Allegro we have decided that we are going to continue Pivot development as an open source software, this is how Turnilo emerged.
- High usability for non-technical users over sophisticated but rarely used features.
- Focus on interactive data exploration over static predefined dashboards.
- Self-describing reports for users without deep domain expertise.
- Outstanding integration with Druid over support for other data sources like SQL databases.
- Focus on data visualizations over Druid cluster or data ingestion management.
- Data cubes configuration as a code over UI editor backed by non-versioned database.
- Stateless over stateful server-side architecture.
- Support for most recent versions of standards compliant browsers.
- Intuitive, drag and drop, gorgeous user interface to visualize Druid datasets
- Fully dedicated to low latency Druid Timeseries, TopN and GroupBy queries.
- Unified view for historical and real-time data
- Blazingly fast
- Node.js - 8.x version.
yarn command for dependency managment and project build, use
npm builds are reproducible (thanks to package-lock.json) and even faster than with
Install Turnilo distribution using npm.
npm install -g turnilo
Start off by running an example with Wikipedia page editions dataset and open http://localhost:9090/.
Or connect to the existing Druid cluster using
--druid command line option.
Turnilo will automatically introspect your Druid cluster and figure out available datasets.
turnilo --druid broker_host:broker_port
Install project dependencies.
Build the project.
npm run build:dev
Run Wikipedia examples.
npm run start:dev -- --examples
Connect to the existing Druid cluster.
npm run start:dev -- --druid broker_host:broker_port
Run all unit tests.
npm run test
Or run tests separately for common, client and server modules.
npm run test:common npm run test:client npm run test:server
You can find more information here
You can find more infrmation here
Turnilo is published under Apache License 2.0.