1.5.0 resolves an edge-case bug in the Term Context that could lead to unexpected data writes or even data corruption. Because this change was not inconsequential, we opted to ship a minor release as opposed to a patch release.
The Term Context bug can be read about in depth in #831 and #832; props to @johnbillion for reporting it. TL;DR: if a term is being added or edited and has fields from the Term Context, and during the "save" POST request, there is a side effect where another plugin or theme creates or updates an additional term, then the field data would be written to that term as well.
Of note, this bugfix additionally spawned https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55441.
- Protect against side effect term updates #832
Fieldmanager 1.4 includes a refreshed UI for all field types, new fields for displaying static content or HTML, and improved compatibility with the block editor.
Fieldmanager_Content_Markdownclasses for displaying static content. These extend the new
Fieldmanager_Contentabstract class (#781).
- UI overhaul for all field types and meta boxes, including more spacing between fields, more information about selected media files, and improvements for repeatable, sortable, and tabbed interfaces (#468).
- Minimum supported versions of PHP and WordPress are now 7.4 and 5.8, respectively (#814).
- Fix various issues with fields displayed in the block editor (#796, #815).
- Ensure that TinyMCE is initialized for
Fieldmanager_RichTextAreafields inside meta boxes that are collapsed on page load (#628).
- Don't lose selected
Fieldmanager_Radiosvalue when sorting (#658).
- Consistently apply
- Fix warning from term datasource when saving in submenu context (#791).
- Prevent collisions across different extensions of
Fieldmanager_Datasourcewhen generating Ajax action names (#794).
- Refresh nonces with heartbeat responses to prevent data loss (#677).
- Fix inability to save empty multiselect and checkboxes fields when
'serialize_data' => false(#811).
- Docs fixes (#784).
@benjmyers, @discoinfiltrator, @isGabe, @jameswburke, @joemcgill, @jomurgel, @kevinfodness, @kjbenk, @mboynes, @mogmarsh, @montchr, @mslinnea, @mviggiano, @pattiereaves, @renatonascalves, @stevenslack, @willgladstone
Fieldmanager 1.4 Beta 1 is now available for testing. The highlights of version 1.4 include:
- Refreshed UI: Lots of subtle and not-so-subtle changes that add up to a greatly improved user experience.
- New field types for static content: Use
Fieldmanager_Content_Markdownto display arbitrary content, like a "Help" tab in a group.
- Improved Gutenberg compatibility: Fixes for date fields, autocomplete fields, and various other issues in the block editor.
Along with more bug fixes and enhancements.
Please test (in a non-production environment) and report any issues or feedback in GitHub.
wp.domReady fires later than jQuery's
document.ready, so this, combined with moving most FM scripts to the footer, resolves race conditions that prevent initialization of dynamic fields across the board in Fieldmanager.
Additionally, uses FM_VERSION to set version numbers for Fieldmanager JS and CSS to ensure cache busting when shipping a new version of Fieldmanager to aggressively cached sites, such as VIP Go. Accordingly, bumps the version to 1.2.6.
Finally, moves script load for most FM scripts to the footer, which is required for proper initialization of fields in a Gutenberg context, and is generally a best practice.
1.2.4 is a bug fix and security release.
Changelog (since 1.2.3)
- Fix date displaying wrong if it's before 1970s
- Fix an autocomplete search bug
- Fix misused variables in building hierarchical term data
- Fix php 7.2 error for saving groups with select fields in them
- Code format changes to comply with phpcs
- Fix a bug where checkboxes trigger displayif