This is a macOS app (runs on Yosemite and up) that fetches user data from the Active Directory within a corporate environment. The app searches through a directory of 80,000 users to pull up relevant information.
The app executes a Shell script to pull the data (dscl localhost -read), and then it filters the results using regular expressions to present valuable information to the user, such as password expiration date, software license associations, etc.
Here is what it looks like using (using fake data for demo purposes):
View .mov version here: https://goo.gl/PH6L7L
All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
- Vastly improved auto-complete behavior. It’s now lightning fast, showing instant suggestions as you type!
- Moved AD Group filter box to the top right corner
- New search box lets you filter group membership to help you find a particular group
- Some users were seeing the wrong version number in the update pop up
- Some users were mistakenly flagged as disabled
- Auto-complete suggestions while typing username. Searches global directory (over 80,000 names!)
- Alert pop up when there’s an update, includes a direct link to download
- Tweaked search function to improve reliability and performance
- Now includes City info
- Swapped Country and location positions. Location now shows first
- New button to list AD Group membership
- AD group sheet shows total number of groups, lists individual groups, and includes button to copy all info. The column width can be resized by the user if needed.
- MFA label text changed slightly to point out that it only identifies LionBox enforcement
- Copy to clipboard now includes LL username
- New label shows Adobe CC/Acrobat access in Lion Store
- Info not displaying properly for users with null characters in their AD file
- New icon, removed text as per Apple’s guidelines
- Closing the window (clicking X) will quit the app
- Minor UI tweaks
- Country label
- Clicking on Lync number will dial the user
- State info not displaying properly for US users
- Changed the behavior of the “last logon” label to indicate a range (e.g.: logged in the last week, last month, 2 months ago, etc...)
- Copy to clipboard now correctly includes the brand.
- Fixed the title label not displaying properly for people with short titles (such as CEO)
- Strange label behavior for certain agencies (such as PlowShare Group)
- Now properly displays Lync numbers for Toronto field users
- Shake animation when entering wrong ID
- Support for Yosemite (macOS 10.10)
- Initial beta release