This python script uses two sensors and a Raspberry Pi to read temperature, humidity, as well as readings from openweathermap.org, and stores readings in Elasticsearch. For full write-up, visit alonsoarteaga.me.
Important env variables to set up
- ES_URL: location of elasticsearch. I.e: http://test.com[:portNum for ES, 9200]
- ES_INDEX: name of ES index. i.e: rpi_temps
- OW_API_KEY: api key for openweathermaps.org
- Include outside weather temp and; add test.
- Fix dht22 sensor crash issue wiring error fixes
- Find better solution for cronjob env variables fixed by writing vars in /etc/environment
- Mock test api call to ES
- Set up docker
- Set up CI/CD
- Set up automatic deployment to pi / git webhooks
- Write better documentation/ include sources I used
- Rewrite to golang
- Find weatherproof/outdoor assembly for the pi to sit outside
- Add a try/catch to check if OW_API_KEY is empty to skip this step if the value is empty