Speed cube: animated visual algorithms
Ever since I started speedcubing I've always wanted a reference of algorithms with a play button to visualize how the alg moves the pieces. I couldn't find anything comprehensive, so this was born.
Credits and thanks
This was made possible by:
- Algorithms: Dylan Wang (aka. J Perm) and his excellent YouTube videos.
- Cube animation: Lars Petrus and his super slick Roofpig library.
- Design: Based on the Bootstrap documentation.
- Templating: Uses BottlePy SimpleTemplate Engine.
- Hosting: Provided by GitHub (source, hosted).
- Do not edit HTML files (e.g., index.html, f2l/index.html, etc.)
- Pages and partials are stored in src/templates/
- Alg templates and pages are rendered via src/cube.py
- See the helper script render.sh
- This is where the algorithms are stored
- Each file is parsed to render src/templates/algs/...
- Each file must end with one newline
- Each case is separated by a new line
- Multiple algs are supported per case
- Each case may include a "name" and/or "config"