The package.json file within this repo can be used as a descriptor in Hipchat for the "Shatner" service, which uses the shatner.pics to return JPEG images of William Shatner, one of the greatest and most expressional actors ever, based on the mood parameter provided by in the request.
How does it work?
In Hipchat, the user gains access to the /shatner command in a room that has this plugin enabled, for example if the user types /shatner awesome the following image is loaded into the Hipchat room:
The idea is that users of the Hipchat room can use "Shatners" to express their present mood, just for fun :-)
How do I install it on Hipchat?
Firstly you need to have admin rights on the room. Then carry out the following steps:
- From the room menu, choose "Add integrations".
- On the next screen, choose "Install an integration from a descriptor URL".
- For "Descriptor URL" enter: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/alphadevx/shatner-bot/master/package.json, then click "Install".
- Confirm the room to install Shatner to, and choose "Approve".
- You should now test the /shatner command in the room you have installed it to.