A unified publishing application for content on GOV.UK
- Content - Some text (and related fields) a user wants to publish
- Revision - A version of a piece of content in a particular locale
- Edition - A revision that is in the Publishing API
- Document - All revisions of a piece of content in a particular locale
This is a Ruby on Rails app, and should follow our Rails app conventions.
Use GOV.UK Docker to run any commands that follow.
Before running the app
The first time you run this application for development, enable
bundle exec rake development_permissions
To enable them for your GOV.UK account add them to your account in Signon.
Running the test suite
bundle exec rake
# run JS tests in browser bundle exec rake jasmine # run JS tests on command line bundle exec rake jasmine:ci
Our test environment is setup to render 'real' error pages, instead of raising an exception. This can make it hard to debug a test failure, as the actual error won't appear in the test output. Instead, you can see it in
- Approach to analytics
- Editing change note history
- History mode
- Importing documents from Whitehall
- Removing documents
- Scheduled publishing
- Testing strategy
- User permissions