Email alert service
This is a message queue consumer that triggers email alerts when documents are published with a major change.
Messages are read from the
published_documents exchange which carries documents
published from all publishing applications via the content-store.
When the service detects a published document which was tagged to one or more topics, it builds an email message, and passes it to email-alert-api.
(Installed by puppet on the VM for a local version the following applies)
- install rabbitMQ with brew install rabbitmq (or similar)
- visit http://localhost:15672/cli/ and follow the instructions to install the admin CLI
- rabbitmqadmin declare user name=root password=CHANGEME tags=administrator
- rabbitmqadmin declare permission vhost="/" user=root configure='.' write='.' read='.*'
- rabbitmqadmin declare exchange name=published_documents type=topic durable=true
Running the application
The main daemon is run via
It connects to RabbitMQ, reading configs from
Running the test suite
bundle exec rspec