GDS Technology Community - Learning Pathways
This project exists to bring together the GDS Technology community's collective knowledge and resources to support the learning and development of technologists.
View it at gds-tech-learning-pathway.cloudapps.digital
We want to:
- create a set of curated guides, organised by topic, technology, constituency, level. There may be multiple cross-cutting routes into the resources. Our aim is to offer pathways which cater for the most important needs of technologists.
- elaborate the current technologists career pathways within GDS in more detail, by creating a page for each competency statement in the career path.
- prepare for adopting the DDaT career pathways within GDS by documenting our current career pathway in more detail.
How to contribute
Running the site locally
bundle install bundle exec middleman serve
This will serve the site at http://localhost:4567
Deploying the site
The app currently runs within the govuk sandbox space on the government PaaS. You need an account to deploy it. If you haven't used it before, ask someone for help setting this up.
Generate the static site using
bundle exec middleman build
You can then deploy with cloundfoundry:
Longer term goals
We want to encourage learning collaboratively in the GDS technology community, and so we'll seek to provide ways for:
- people to offer and request mentorship
- people to share what they're wanting to learn so that they can join up with others wanting to learn the same things, or get support from others
However, this repo should not contain any personal names or information because this repo is public.
Code of conduct
This project is developed under the Alphagov Code of Conduct