Import export prototype
This application is a tool for GOV.UK content designers to prototype import and export information in GOV.UK formats and to engage stakeholders by sharing work in a running preview environment.
- Declare goods you have moved in or out of the UK
- Get a licence to export arms, military or dual use goods and services
Guide: A mainstream guide, eg: https://www.gov.uk/starting-to-export (publisher app)
Guidance: A detailed guide, eg: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/chief-trader-import-and-export-processing-system (whitehall app)
Start: A mainstream start page, eg: https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff (publisher app)
Topic: A topic page, eg: https://www.gov.uk/topic/business-tax/import-export (collections publisher app)
Answer: A mainstream answer page, eg: https://www.gov.uk/duty-relief-for-imports-and-exports (publisher app)
This is a Jekyll application that contains:
- Jekyll itself, for generating content in GOV.UK formats
- A set of Jeklyll plugins for generating table of contents, navigation and pagination page elements
NOTE. As this Jekyll application uses plugins to generate elements of the page content, [it cannot be hosted on GitHub pages] (https://github.com/alphagov/govuk-import-export-prototype/pull/12).
- alphagov/govspeak: provides rendering of GOV.UK's flavour of markdown as used by various publishing systems.
Building the content
To have Jekyll generate content:
$ bundle exec jekyll build
Running the application
To have Jekyll serve the generated content:
$ bundle exec jekyll serve