2014 GOV.UK Platform Migration Overview
This is the plan for migrating the GOV.UK web stack from the Skyscape Interim Platform to Skyscape's new Platform 1. The original plan is still held on our internal github repo, however this version (with sanitised IPs, Domains and Github Repos) has been released publicly after the fact.
- 0. Overview
- 1. Pre-migration activity and communications
- 2. Disable external publishing and licence applications
- 3. Synchronise data between the two platforms
- 4. Repoint to new platform
- 5. Conduct testing of content and publishing
- 6. Enable external publishing and licence applications
- 7. Monitoring for regressions
- ANNEX A - List of DNS records
- -How do we synchronise web site support feedback tickets?-
support_contactsdatabase is now part of the automatd job
- -Do we accept that we might lose some end-user feedback during the migration?-
- We will only lose anonymous feedback statistics and Transaction done surveys.
- No Zendesk tickets will be lost.