GOV.UK Publishing Components
A Ruby gem to document and distribute components for GOV.UK applications. It provides:
- a shared library of components
- helpers to generate component payloads
- an application to preview components and provide guidance
- GOV.UK Design System styles and components (via GOV.UK Frontend)
Components should be added to this gem if they are required in more than one application, otherwise they should be added to that application. All components should meet the same standards of browser and assistive technology support described in GOV.UK Frontend.
If you are using GOV.UK Docker, remember to combine it with the commands that follow. See the GOV.UK Docker usage instructions for examples.
Running the test suite
bundle exec rake
# run JS tests in browser yarn run jasmine:browser # run JS tests on command line yarn run jasmine:ci
Using the gem
Managing the gem
- Publish/release a new version of the gem
- Keep this gem in sync with the Design System
- Move a component from an application to the gem
More documentation can be found in the docs directory.