A script to send a daily email about the previous day's traffic to GOV.UK. This used to be part of need-o-tron but didn't really need to be included there, so I've pulled it out on its own.
bundle install to install dependencies.
Run the script with
bundle exec ruby send_email.rb
The script depends on a set of environment variables:
- ENV['GOOGLE_OAUTH_TOKEN'] # The OAuth token to access Google Analytics
- ENV['GOOGLE_OAUTH_SECRET'] # The OAuth secret to access Google Analytics
- ENV['ANALYTICS_ACCOUNT_ID'] # The Google Analytics account ID
- ENV['SES_ACCESS_KEY_ID'] # Access Key ID for Amazon SES (for outbound email)
- ENV['SES_SECRET_KEY'] # Access Secret for Amazon SES (for outbound email)
- ENV['RECIPIENT_ADDRESS'] # Email address to send the report to
The recipient address will have to have been authorised via Amazon SES.
To run locally you can create a file called config.rb to set these values. Don't commit it to this repository.