It might be you
What this is
This is an app to aggregate all of the rotas that we have at GDS.
- Aggregate calendars from PagerDuty
- Replacement for spreadsheet rotas (if PagerDuty is not required/superfluous)
- Annual leave tracking
- Automatically finds conflicts between annual leave and rotas
What are the user needs
As someone who is supporting multiple services in-hours and/or out-of-hours I need to know when I am expected to do so.
As someone who is organising a rota I need to know that the people on the rota can find out when they are on it.
As someone who is organising a rota I need to know when the people on the rota are taking leave so I can schedule the rota accordingly.
As someone who is working at GDS I need to know who is currently responsible for supporting a service (both in-hours and out-of-hours) so I can contact the correct person if there is a problem.
How this works
This is a monolithic rails app.
It periodically pulls data from PagerDuty calendars and caches them.
It also manages
manual calendars and
manual calendar events which function
as a replacement for a spreadsheet rota.
The data that is stored:
- Email addresses and annual leave dates
- Email addresses and rota dates (for manual calendars)
- PagerDuty calendar links (link to iCalendar) (for PagerDuty calendars)
Authentication is done via Google OAuth. With the exception of Icalendar exports which are long salted URLs (they are supposed to be "public").
How to run it locally
How to test it locally