An implementation of Bitcoin wire protocol in pure Ruby. Source code strives for an equilibrium between readability, flexibility and performance.
Ruby version 1.8.7 or newer.
$ gem install bitcoin-protocol
A simple monitor Client
Usage with Event Machine
Configuring a new Message
open and modify:
Bitcoin Protocol repository is available on GitHub. You can clone it with:
git clone ....
You will need the following gems to run/test this gem:
If you'd like to hack on, please follow these instructions. To get all of the dependencies, install the gem first.
- Fork the project and clone down your fork
- Create a branch with a descriptive name to contain your change
- Hack away
- Add tests and make sure everything still passes by running rake
- Do not change the version number, I will do that on my end
- If necessary, rebase your commits into logical chunks, without errors
- Push the branch up to GitHub
- Send me (altamic) a pull request for your branch
This software is a liberal implementation of the protocol used in the Bitcoin software by Satoshi Nakamoto.
Thanks for information and encouragement go to Artforz, davout MagicalTux from the #bitcoin-dev channel on IRC.
I am particularly grateful to Ryan Davis and Eric Hodel of SeattleRB for their unparalleled Ruby software tools.
© Copyright 2011 Michelangelo Altamore. See LICENSE for details.