reVerbarius is a fun pet project on modification of Lebedev's verbarius clock.
Here you can find some scripts, helpful for analysis and generation of verbarius firmware. The major dependence for all scripts is the pygame library, used for drawing.
The solid description and some demos could be found on the project's page.
firmware analysis script
I used it to get some information about the frame format in the firmware file. Actually, it is just a bitmap viewer with several controlled settings (such as frame width, bit order & etc.).
The only parameter is the filename (with path if necessary) of the firmware file. You could obtain some official files from artlebedev.com.
firmware generation scripts
All scripts in this section organised in the same way: they use pygame library to generate the set of frames and pack them into the valid verbarius firmware.
- build_analogue_clock.py -- builds the analogue-like clock firmware.
- build_cities_clock.py -- builds the "3 cities" analogue clock firmware.
- build_led_clock.py -- compiles digital 'LED'-styled clock firmware. Requires Digit.TTF font by paldave.
- build_bcd_clock.py -- for binary coded decimal clock firmware generation.
- build_babylon_clock.py -- for generation of the babylonian numerals clock firmware. I used the wikipedia's image of the babylonian numerals for the custom font image.