EVA ICS demo: Farm management
This demo deploys EVA ICS cluster to control virtual farm with two greenhouses.
Each greenhouse has own Universal Controller instance, which collects data from sensors:
- greenhouseX/env/temp - temperature
- greenhouseX/env/hum - humidity
- greenhouseX/env/soilm - soil moisture
- greenhouseX/env/ldr - light sensor (1 - ok, 0 - low)
Also, greenhouses are equipped with units:
- greenhouseX/pump - water pump
- greenhouseX/lamp - lighting lamps circuit
which can be turned on/off by operator or PLC.
In this setup, units use virtual relay drivers, port 1 for pump, port 2 for lamps. Sensors don't use any driver, user can set their values manually and simulate different events.
LM PLC has the following rules:
- If ldr sensor in greenhouse becomes 0 - turn the light on, otherwise turn the light off
- If soil becomes too dry ( < 85) - turn the pump on, if too wet ( > 110) - turn the pump off
- If the pump is turned on by operator, it should be automatically turned off in 30 seconds for greenhouse 1, in 45 seconds for greenhouse 2
- The pump should not be automatically turned off if it was turned on by operator but then measure monitoring detected that soil is dry
- macro start_manual_watering is called by operator, other macros are called by decision rules.
- Rules and automatic macros are programmed in universal way to use item props and _source object (in macros) to determine the event-related items. This allows the cluster to be extended with more greenhouses without creating any new macros.
Network and containers
- Both UCs are set up on dedicated nodes and dynamically discovered by LM/SFA and exchange data via MQTT server
- SFA and LM PLC are set up on the same node and statically connected via HTTP and exchange data via P2P connection
- eva_farm_mqtt local MQTT server (mosquitto), 10.27.12.200
- eva_farm_uc1 UC in greenhouse 1, 10.27.12.101
- eva_farm_uc2 UC in greenhouse 2, 10.27.12.102
- eva_farm_scada 10.27.12.199
- LM PLC (logic controller)
- SFA (aggregator, UI)
eva sfa cloud deploy -ys -c srv=$(hostname) \ https://raw.githubusercontent.com/alttch/eva-demo-farm/master/deploy/farm-demo-single.yml
Requirements: Docker, docker-compose.
- Execute docker-compose up to deploy containers and demo configuration
Default master key is: demo123
http://10.27.12.199:8828 - SFA API/primary operator interface
- http://10.27.12.101:8812 - UC in greenhouse 1 API/EI
- http://10.27.12.102:8812 - UC in greenhouse 2 API/EI
- http://10.27.12.199:8817 - LM PLC API/EI
The port 8828 is also mapped to main host.
SFA user credentials:
- login operator
- password 123
docker exec -it <container_name> eva-shell
e.g. enter eva_farm_scada node shell:
docker exec -it eva_farm_scada eva-shell
Sensor events can be simulated with:
./sensor-set.sh <greenhouse_number> <temp|hum|soilm|ldr> <value>