The FluentBuilderGenerator generate builders (based on the Builder Pattern) for object creation for unit testing. With help of these generated classes it is possible to create custom objects in a fluent syntax style. The generator is implementation of javax.annotation.processing.AbstractProcessor from Annotation Processing Tool and it can be used with Maven, Gradle, Ant or just Eclipse.
After the fork from BLUECARAT AG many changes was merged to this project and released in 1.1.0 version. Some of them are implemented in a diffrent way, so check the changlelog.
GitHub Repository: https://github.com/aludwiko/fluentbuilder
- "on build" generation
- fluent syntax
- no setters needed
- inheritance support
- many constructors support
- varargs support
- custom domain methods support
Setup Code Generation
Checkout project Wiki: https://github.com/aludwiko/fluentbuilder/wiki
- support for classes without default constructors #14
- support for inheritance #13 (overridden/hidden fields are NOT supported, because it is bad programming practice and should be avoided)
- ignoring fields by regexp enhancement #16 (additional parameter for ignoring e.g. technical fields that should not be included in generated builders)
- compiler arguments must be in single line #12