Cocktail Recipes Plugin for Craft CMS
This is an example plugin for the Craft CMS Beta, inspired by the documentation. It is well documented, and designed to get you up and running quickly, by giving you a working example to start developing from.
The plugin adds an
ingredients table to the database, with custom control panel pages
to add new ingredients. It also adds an Ingredients fieldtype, which can be added to your
sections or pages.
Obviously there are many things in this plugin which could be done differently for a plugin this simple. However, we prefer to do things the most complete way possible, to give you a non-trivial working example.
- Upload this directory to
craft/plugins/cocktailrecipes/on your server.
- Enable the plugin under Craft Admin > Settings > Plugins
Cocktail Recipes provides examples of the following Craft components:
- Ingredients Fieldtype (allows user to select from available ingredients)
- Controller (handles template actions)
- Ingredients Model (read only data object)
- Ingredients Record (database definition and write access)
- Service (provdes API to create/save/delete ingredients)
- Templates (provides custom control panel section)
- Twig Extension (provides
- Variables (provides read only API to access ingredients from within templates)
Craft provides many extension points, and more examples will be added in future (pull requests accepted).
In addition, a PHPUnit test suite is provided to ensure all components are behaving correctly. To run the tests, run the following commands:
cd plugins/cocktailrecipes composer update --dev vendor/bin/phpunit
All code follows the standard PHP PSR-2 coding style guide. This is being adopted by a large number of PHP frameworks, to ensure consistency in the PHP community. The coding style can easily be verified/fixed by running php-cs-fixer.
This work is licenced under the MIT license.