NOTE: See official demo project by Google for complete set of examples.
A demo application for Android
ConstraintLayout with various usage with sample code.
🔖 Official Demo
Proposed App Features
- Have a grid containing different feature set of
- For each feature, have different examples
- Each example should allow you to share the code snippet or copy to clipboard
- Each example may also contain additional resource links to blog or technical articles
- Example may have set of sliders/toggle to change metrics dynamically to visualize.
See contribution guideline if you want to add demos or fix something.
ConstraintLayout features to cover
TIP: Jump to layout resources directoy to see existing layouts.
- Relative positioning
- Horizontal Axis: left, right, start and end sides
- Vertical Axis: top, bottom sides and text baseline
- Centering positioning and bias
- Circular positioning (Added in 1.1)
- Visibility behavior
- Dimension constraints
- Percent dimension
- Min and Max
MATCH_CONSTRAINTdimensions (Added in 1.1)
WRAP_CONTENT: enforcing constraints (Added in 1.1)
- Widgets dimension constraints
- Chain Style
- Weighted chains
- Margins and chains (Added in 1.1)
- Virtual Helpers objects
- Optimizer (Added in 1.1)
- Fully functional demo screens
- Movie Details Screen
- TED Talk Preview Screen
These are the my objectives for this demo application.
- To explore all the features of constraint layout
- Learn and use material design component in the sample app
- Learn and use the new architecture components in the sample app
- Learn and use proper architecture for the app - likely MVVM
- Document everything well so that future external contribution is easier
Here is a snapshot of current progress (This will be updated from time to time).