System Test Framework
A Crystal library to perform system and controller tests for Web Applications.
System Testing is a level of the software testing where a complete and integrated software is tested. The purpose of a system test is to evaluate the system’s compliance with the specified requirements.
When is it performed?
System Testing is performed after Integration Testing and before Acceptance Testing.
Add this to your application's
dependencies: garnet_spec: github: amberframework/garnet-spec
brew cask install java then
java --version to verify installation.
Before running your tests ensure you have installed the chromedriver in your system path
For MacOS you can install the driver using Homebrew with the following command:
brew install chromedriver
This will install the chrome driver on the system path
If you're running in a different OS such a Linux you can specify the chromedriver path as such
# spec/spec_helper.cr require "amber" require "garnet_spec" module SystemTest DRIVER = :chrome PATH = "/usr/local/bin/chromedriver" end
require "spec_helper" class SomeFeatureSpec < GarnetSpec::System::Test describe "Some Feature test" do it "works" do visit "http://crystal-lang.org/api" fill "", "Client", "search" types_list = page.find_element(:id, "types-list") types = types_list.find_elements(:css, "li:not([class~='hide'])") types.size.should eq 512 end end end
- [ ] Add support for other webdrivers
- [ ] Add more dsl methods similar to https://gist.github.com/zhengjia/428105
- [ ] Add support for Chrome webdriver Desired Capabilities
- [ ] Add support for headless chrome
- [ ] Make it more configurable
- Fork it ( https://github.com/amberframework/garnet-spec/fork )
- Create your feature branch (git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request