MegaBrush is a firmware for common atmel based brushless ESCs. This library makes it possible easily convert a brushless ESC into a brushed ESC.
- 1khz PWM with 128 levels per motor direction.
- Forward and Reverse Operation
- Runtime configurable Min and Max PPM inputs
- Simple PPM Smoothing
- Deadband for throttle center
- Easy to install when using SimonK Bootloader
- Failsafe on signal loss
- Throttle must pass through deadband before ESC will spin motor
Installation Instructions (For SimonK ESCs)
- Look for the .hex file for your ESC in the firmware directory.
- Download the BLHeli flashing tool and flash the .hex file
- Use the "Flash Other" Option to flash the hex file.
- Wire the ESC to your brushed motor
- MegaBrush uses phases A + C from the brushless motor controller.
- Phase B is not used.
- Program Min/Max for your RC Transmitter
- Power on the ESC with the transmitter transmitting the MAX value
- You should hear 3 beeps from the motor indicating you are in programming mode
- After 2 seconds you will here 1 beep, Move the transmitter so you are transmitting RC Min
- After 2 seconds you should here 3 beeps indicating successful programming of Min/Max
- Return the RC transmitter to the neutral setting
- If the motor is making a fast quiet beep it's likely because your transmitter sticks are not centered. Center your sticks at power up to enable the ESC.