Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the Amethyst wiki! This wiki is still being built, so some things may be missing or incomplete. If you have any questions, please ask them on Gitter.
- Game developers should read the Amethyst Book.
- A crate-level API reference can be found here.
- A glossary of common terms can be found here.
amethyst - The game engine itself
- amethyst_core - Core types used by various amethyst crates
- amethyst_assets - Asynchronous asset management framework
- amethyst_config - Macros for declaring and loading configuration files
- amethyst_input - Winit compatible input state manager.
- amethyst_renderer - Parallel renderer powered by [gfx][gf]
- amethyst_audio - Audio support for Amethyst
- amethyst_gltf - GLTF asset loading
- amethyst_utils - General purpose Amethyst utils
- amethyst_tools - Command-line tools to help manage game projects
These pages describe the overall design for Amethyst going forward. Anyone willing to contribute to these documents must read all the links in the "Design Inspiration" section of the Contribution Guidelines.
Amethyst's overall design is very much in a nebulous state right now, but you can peek at the details if you're interested in what it could become. The design documents might not necessarily reflect the final representation and are not always updated.