Gamebook Engine is an iOS app for creating and playing gamebooks, a type of interactive fiction where the player gets to make decisions that influence the story.
- Import and play gamebooks
- Create gamebooks right on your iPad or iPhone
- Export games to non-proprietary JSON files (
- Analyzer ensures you don't create any unreachable pages or dead-ends
If you're interested in using pre-release versions of Gamebook Engine and providing feedback, you can join the beta!
- These are essentially just global variables shared throughout a game
- They hold a name, and an decimal value which defaults to 0.0
- The text of the page, formatted with a limited set of Markdown attributes
- Method for manipulating a player's stored attributes
- A consequence can affect attributes in three ways:
- Set (to a value)
- Increment (by a value)
- Decrement (by a value)
- Multiply (by a value)
- The page that the decision leads to
- Match Any or All rules (based on the value of Attributes) to determine if a decision appears on the page
If you're curious about what an exported Gamebook looks like, view An Introduction to Gamebook Engine.gbook as a simple example.
git clone https://github.com/amiantos/gamebookengine.git
GamebookEngine.xcworkspacein Xcode 11 or higher.
- Build :)
- Brad Root - amiantos
- The app icon features the icon magic, by Smalllike