List of freely available analog media inspection templates, forms, or reports.
- Guggenheim Museum, Conservation Department (date unknown) | Media Report: Tape; Media Report: Film
- Matters in Media Art (2016) | Condition Report Templates: video, audio, slides, film, computer-based artwork, display hardware
- Tanisha Jones, Moving Image Archiving & Preservation, New York University (2005) | Video Prioritization, Selection, and Inspection Overview and Form
- Independent Media Arts Preservation (IMAP) (c. 2006) | Videotape Inspection Form
- National Film and Sound Archive Australia (c. 2008) | Condition Report Form for Film
- Filmoteca Española (1996) | Informe de inspección de materiales (película)
- National Film Preservation Foundation (NFPF) (2004) | Print Condition Report for Film
- Columbia University Libraries (2008) | Audio and Moving Image Survey Tool
- University of Washington Libraries (date unknown) | Film Condition Report; Videotape/Audiotape Condition Report
- Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision (2009) | Filmrapport / Film Inspection Form (Dutch)
- Snowden Becker (2017) | A "Living will" for home movies: GoogleDocs version and Home Movie Day blog post with links to additional editable/fillable formats. This is "a series of editable documents that allow home movie owners/creators document their collections and provide provenance, ownership, and stewardship information."
- Brian R. Pritchard (2013) | A Tool for Identifying 35mm Motion Picture Film; A Tool for Identifying 16mm Motion Picture Film (interactive PDFs)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Preservation Self-Assessment Program (PSAP) | Format ID Guide
- California Audiovisual Preservation Project (2013) | Audiovisual Formats: A Guide to Identification
- Texas Commission on the Arts (2004) | Videotape Identification and Assessment Guide
- Indiana University Field Audio Collection Evaluation Tool (FACET) (2007) | Format Characteristics and Preservation Problems
- Video Preservation Web Site (2007) | Video Format Identification Guide
- Little Archives (2008) | Video Tape Identification
- University of South Carolina Moving Image Research Collections (2012) | Nitrate Film Deterioration Identification
- National Film and Sound Archive of Australia (date unknown) | Technical Preservation Handbook
- Barbara Flueckiger (2012) | Timeline of Historical Film Colors
- Chace Audio by Deluxe (2017) | Trigger Tone - searchable online guide to audio post production terminology
- Katherine Nagels (2018) | reel time: calculate the duration of your open-reel audio
How to Contribute
Please add your own inspection or condition assessment templates and forms to the list above. Order does not dictate preference. Appropriate additions may include:
- inspection reports/forms/templates
- condition reports/forms/templates
- instructional guides for inspecting or assessing the condition of analog film, audio, or video
Add or Comment on Issues
Anyone is welcome to start a new issue by selecting the
Issues tab in GitHub and clicking New Issue.
All existing issues, open and closed, may be reviewed or commented upon in the Issues section.
For help contributing to this repository or other issues, please contact either of us, or submit a New Issue with your question and we'll get back to you.
Code of Conduct
Actions taken in this repository, associated pull requests and issue tracker forms should adhere to the Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct guidelines.
To the extent possible under law, https://github.com/amiaopensource/analog-inspection has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to analog-inspection.
Special thanks to Katherine Frances Nagels for the initial list of resources.