How to build Sales Square
Sales Square is built using Trigger.io, here are the steps to build and test this app on a Mac in the iOS emulator.
The steps to test on Windows / Android are similar and you can find more information here on Getting started with Trigger.io.
Install the Trigger.io Toolkit
- Install the toolkit from https://trigger.io/forge/toolkit
- Start the Toolkit and create an account
- Create a new app and note the app directory
Getting the code
- Open a terminal and navigate to your app directory.
- Copy your identity.json file away and remove the template contents in the src directory:
- cd src
- mv identity.json ..
- rm -rf *
- Checkout this repository and copy the identity.json file back:
- git clone https://github.com/amirnathoo/Sales-Square .
- cd ..
- mv identity.json src/
Running the app
- In the Toolkit, click on the app name to build it. The first time this will take a minute or so, subsequent incremental builds will be very fast.
- Then click 'iOS' in the Run section of the app page. You'll see the full console output there and the iPhone emulator will start up in a few seconds.
Testing the app
The app includes photo-taking functionality so to test that in the emulator, you need to have photos pre-loaded. Instructions on how to set that up are here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/468879/adding-images-to-iphone-simulator