Experiment: Brass Sorting
Read the first article which investigates the relationship between Case Weight and Case Volume.
- 50 cases of Peterson 6.5mm SRP brass, fired 4X times
- Brass: Peterson 6.5mm Creedmoor (small rifle primer)
- Calipers: Mitutoyo 8 inch
- Scale: A&D FX-120i
- Depth Micrometer: Starrett 449
- Gage Pins: GageShop 0.2630" Class Z
- Ball Micrometer: Mitytoyo Tube Micrometer
- Primer Plugs: 21st Century Primer Pocket Plugs
- Comparators: Hornady Headspace Bushing
The following measurements were taken for each case. Some measurements were taken multiple times, some were taken once. Every piece of brass has been fired a total of three times.
- Weight (gr)
- Case capacity (g H₂O)
- Case length (in)
- Case headspace (in)
- Neck Thickness (in)
- Neck diameter (in)
- Primer pocket depth (in)
- Case depth (in)
Affiliate links may be used above to help support Ammolytics.