wallp selects one of the sources at random, downloads/creates image from it and sets it as desktop wallpaper.
- reddit (subreddits, search)
- bing (gallery)
- google (image search)
- imgur (search, wallpaper albums, favorites)
- single color bitmap
- source code (rendered as image)
- Python 2.7 / 3.4
- Linux (Gnome or KDE Plasma)
- Never repeats an image.
- Can schedule the change of wallpaper.
- Editable database of subreddits, imgur albums, search queries to get wallpapers.
- Make a wallpaper stick (no change) for a certain period of time.
- Print detailed info on image, such as, source url, size, path, username, description, etc.
- Can manage favorites.
Some sample commands:
wallp # change wallpaper wallp source -h # list all sources wallp schedule add 1h # change wallpaper every 1 hour wallp info # print information about the current wallpaper image wallp config dump # dump the program configuration wallp config disable deviantart # disable deviantart as a source of images wallp config list query add 'linux' # add 'linux' as a query to be used (at random) when searching for wallpapers wallp config list subreddit add pics # add subreddit pics wallp config list imgur-album add SVFae # add imgur album SVFae wallp config set image.max_size 1000000 # limit image size to 1MB wallp source imgur wallpaper-album # select a random wallpaper album from imgur and get a random image from it wallp source google -q 'wallpapers' # query google for 'wallpapers' and get a random image from results wallp keep 1d # like a wallpaper very much? keep it unchanged for 1 day wallp stats # print usage stats wallp -h # get help