Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
- In life things are complicated... but we deal with them
- Complicated often means there are too many parts, we can't intuit behaviour
- Perhaps it's complex but we can grok it
- Perhaps we never will
- Intuitive is a 2 yr old w/iPhone
- When organising a large group of people
- The Little Prince: "teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea..."
- Read the "Freedom and Responsibility Culture" Netflix deck
- Optimise for speed, flexibility and evolution
- Optimise for efficiency when a significant cost driver has stopped evolving
- Imposing process drives away talent
- When doing so, question why? How does it grow?
- Better to instill purpose. Allow people to find the way.
- Jamshid G: "Systems Thinking..."
- Don't distribute service ownership.
- Team owns a service. Maintains an API. Supports in prod.
- APIs need to be built so that they could be public (Amazon)
- Systems Thinking approach: apply the pain where it gets best benefit.
- Devs should be on call!
- Monoliths only simple on the outside
- Microservices enforce clean interfaces which can be hidden in monolith.
- Github: spigo
- How to trace flows?
- Read the google dabber paper
- zipkin (openzipkin), phosphor
- transactions, parents, spans
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.