Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Cannot retrieve contributors at this time
- Low defect rate
- Easy to refactor (given the type system)
- OSS libs for everything
- Statically compiled bins - easy to deploy
- cabal sucks, use stack - stack.yaml
- ghc dependencies - for a specific version of haskell
- snapshot - stackage: a group of common dep versions which work together
- project specific
- override libs from within stackage
- add project libs, closed source libs etc
- only these need to be rebuilt from scratch on update
- similar to docker container images!?
- Build times are fast!
- Can run interpreted
- For REPL
- For running in dev (web server etc)
- Advantage over other static languages
- Simple with binary
- Symlink to latest version
- Restart app
- Easy to write code which takes advantage of all cores
- Greenlets -> Threads -> CPUs
- ekg - simiar to java 'metrics'
- run on host - web + json api interface to
- app metrics
- system metrics
- encode - automatically checks inputs/outputs without manually writing
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.