This project resulted from a coding challenge to improve upon a pretty janky command-line game. I fixed several known issues and implemented requested features, described below. Although I successfully passed the challenge, I have a few additional goals for making the game even better!
- Gracefully handled bad user input
- Increased difficulty level to 'hard'
- Improved user experience of gameplay with smoother transitions between moves, delay before computer moves, clearer user messages
New features added:
- User can choose type of player (human or computer)
- User can choose which player goes first
- User can choose which symbol each player uses
- Refactor game brain focusing on efficiency
- Add different difficulty levels: easy, medium, hard
- Allow user to select desired difficulty level
- Create webpage to allow game to be played in a GUI
To play the game
Fork or clone the repository to your machine.
This game runs in Node and was developed with version
10.9.0. If not installed, Node can be downloaded directly from its website.
After downloading, run
node game.js in the terminal and follow the directions!
Tic Tac Toe uses Jasmine as a testing framework. To run or edit the tests, first install dependencies with
npm install, then run the tests with