Extension to enable Amazon Pay Alexa features on Magento 2
- Magento 2.3.0 and above
- Amazon Pay module 3.0.0, enabled
Alexa Delivery Notifications
The Alexa Delivery Notifications feature lets you provide shipment tracking information to Amazon Pay so that Amazon Pay can notify buyers on Alexa when shipments are delivered.
Here's what your customer will experience:
Customer: Alexa, read my notifications.
Alexa: One new notification, from Amazon Pay. Your shipment from <yourstorename> has been delivered.
Configuring Alexa Delivery Notifications
These are the required keys for Alexa Delivery Notifications:
Public and Private Key
The utility link provided in the Alexa Delivery Notifications settings, generates a new Public and Private Key for Amazon Pay.
- Click 'Generate a new public/private key pair for Amazon Pay'. This saves the Private Key in the settings and displays the text
- Click 'Download Public Key' to save the Public Key locally.
Public Key ID
To obtain the
Public Key ID, you will need to email Amazon Pay and provide the
Merchant ID and
Public Key. Follow the steps below:
- Click contact link in the 'Please contact Amazon Pay to receive the Public Key ID.'
Merchant IDis attached to the email, click Send.
- Amazon Pay Support will respond with the
Public Key IDto the email address associated with the primary account holder in Seller Central.
Once you have configured Alexa Delivery Notifications, your store is ready to use this feature.
Alexa Delivery Notification is called when:
- A shipment is submitted with the carrier code, name and tracking number
- On a successful Alexa Delivery Tracker API, you will see its status as ‘Amazon Pay has received shipping tracking information for carrier <carrier_name> and tracking number <tracking_number>’.
The status will show under:
- ‘Comments History’ in the Order view.
- Under individual Shipment -> Shipment History.
(Prerequisite: write permissions to Magento 2 root folder)
Install via composer (recommended):
$ composer require amzn/amazon-pay-magento-2-alexa-plugin $ php bin/magento module:enable Amazon_Alexa $ php bin/magento setup:upgrade $ php bin/magento setup:di:compile $ php bin/magento cache:clean
$ mkdir -p app/code/Amazon/ $ git clone https://github.com/amzn/amazon-pay-magento-2-alexa-plugin.git app/code/Amazon/Alexa $ composer require amzn/amazon-pay-sdk-v2-php $ php bin/magento module:enable Amazon_Alexa $ php bin/magento setup:upgrade $ php bin/magento setup:di:compile $ php bin/magento cache:clean
You can find a list of modules in the require section of the
composer.json file located in the
same directory as this
Amazon Pay does not provide any specific extension points.
This library is licensed under the Apache 2.0 License.