You have more than one choice of install, see below.
Analizo 1.24.0 and later versions are oficially on Debian then all you need to install is (as root):
apt install analizo
Versions before 1.24.0
Analizo is readily available as a Debian package. This package might work with Ubuntu 18.04 or upper versions as well. For Ubuntu 16.04 version see this section. Installing the Debian package has the follwing advantages:
- you do not have to compile anything
- all dependencies are installed automatically for you
- new versions will be automatically available for upgrading the version on your system.
You will find the instructions to install Analizo Debian package below. All of the steps must be performed as =root= user:
- Create a file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/analizo.list file with the following contents:
deb http://analizo.org/download/ ./ deb-src http://analizo.org/download/ ./
- Add the repository signing key to your list of trusted keys:
wget -O - http://analizo.org/download/signing-key.asc | apt-key add -
- Update your package lists:
- Install analizo:
apt-get install analizo
Install cpanminus and building
dependencies (see "Installing dependencies on non-Debian systems" on
HACKING.md) then run
Download the analizo tarball linked from the download page, extract it and run the following commands inside the analizo-x.y.z directory:
perl Makefile.PL make sudo make install
See the HACKING.md file for instructions on how to install Analizo dependencies. You neeed to install the dependencies before installing Analizo from sources.
Running on Ubuntu 16.04
As reported in this issue Analizo .deb package had some problems during installation on Ubuntu Xenial versions. This problem is caused by an incompatible version of Perl. So, to workaround this follow those steps.
- Install perlbrew. Perlbrew is a management tool to install diferent versions of Perl without mixing out with your local enviroment. Install and check if the instalation was sucessufull:
sudo apt install perlbrew perlbrew --version
- Install a newest version of Perl:
perlbrew init perlbrew install perl-5.26.1 perlbrew switch perl-5.26.1
- This step will change you to an enviroment with the Perl you just installed. Install cpanminus:
- It's important before you install Analizo that you have this following dependencies:
sudo apt install libssl-dev libmagic-dev libzmq-dev libexpat1-dev gnuplot git
- Then you can install Analizo