I have made a small hack to get this working on Textmate 2. Follow the same install instructions, except install it under a different location. So for TM2,
cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Avian/Bundles git clone git://github.com/anandhak/cucumber-tmbundle.git Cucumber.tmbundle
Restart Textmate 2.
Note: I have currently got it to only work with spork. (Use the --drb options in cucumber.yml). It still has issues if you use it with Bundler.
Textmate Bundle for Cucumber
This is the official TextMate bundle for Cucumber. Installation:
mkdir -p ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles/ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles git clone git://github.com/cucumber/cucumber-tmbundle.git Cucumber.tmbundle osascript -e 'tell app "TextMate" to reload bundles'
To install the color themes for the syntax highlighting, install the as follows:
open color_themes/Cobalt.tmTheme open color_themes/Sunburst.tmTheme open color_themes/Vibrant\ Ink.tmTheme
Adaptations of other themes is welcome!
- Color highlighting for plain text features (supports all the languages that Cucumber does)
- Snippets for plain text features and step files.
- Auto-completion of steps in features (Alt+Escape)
- Predefined completions (escape key) for common feature keywords.
- Spellchecking turned on by default for the plain text features.
- Switch between plain text feature and corresponding step matcher file. Shft+Ctrl+Down
- Choose to go any file of opposite kind (step <-> feature) Shft+Ctrl+Up
- Run a feature with HTML output.
- Run a single scenario with HTML output.
Developing Hacking etc.
There is now a developers readme, please read this if you are hacking this bundle.
The Cucumber TM Bundle is currently maintained by Andrew Premdas.
- Ben Mabey - Author/Main contributor (stuff)
- Dr. Nic - Main contributor (Snippet and grammar updates, updated 'Run Focused Scenario' command, Autocomplete Step command, Scenario Folding, Choose Alternate File, and more stuff)
- John Thornton - Co-Author of original RSpec Story Runner Bundle
- Andre Foeken - "Original color syntax highlighting":http://movesonrails.com/articles/2007/11/06/rspec-plain-text-stories
- Tim Harper - Update Bundle Command, file detection bug fixes, go to step definition fixes, step grammar enhancements.
- Aslak Hellesøy - Rake task improvement, snippet updates, Cucumber!
- Pedro Visintin - Syntax fix
- Joseph Wilk - Syntax extensions for 'Scenario Outline'
- Sam Livingston-Gray - Align Table Cells command
- Grant Hollingworth - Improved step grammar - regexps syntax highlighting, more precise string and comment scopes. Ignore includes for step completion.
- Ben Wiseley - Fix for FileUtils bug
- Ashley Moran - Improved Align Table Cells command
- Jari Bakken - Syntax Highlighting improvements, include support for @tags.
- Chris Hoffman - Improved Step Definition grammar to handle string interpolation when calling other steps.
- Rethink Alternative-File Command to avoid encouraging "feature coupled steps.":http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/feature-coupled-steps-antipattern
- Navigation Commands
- From a step definition be able to pull up a list of features using that step and to jump to them.
- Automatically create template step file with pending steps based on the steps used in the feature.
- Use Cucumber's built in functionality to do this and clean out the story bundle's way.
- Snippets for tables.
- Multi-language support for the snippets?