Anchor is a super-simple, lightweight blog system, made to let you just write. Check out the site.
If you would like to add submit a feature request then please go to our Feathub page.
- PHP 5.3.6+
- pdo_mysql or pdo_sqlite
- MySQL 5.2+
To determine your PHP version, create a new file with this PHP code:
<?php echo PHP_VERSION; // version.php. This will print your version number to the screen.
- Ensure that you have the required components.
- Download Anchor either from here or by cloning this Github repo or by running:
composer create-project anchorcms/anchor-cms anchor
- Upload Anchor through FTP/SFTP or whatever upload method you prefer to the public-facing directory of your site.
- Ensure that the permissions for the
anchor/configfolders are set to
- Create a database for Anchor to install to. You may name it anything you like. The method for database creation varies depending on your webhost but may require using PHPMyAdmin or Sequel Pro. If you are unsure of how to create this, ask your host.
- Navigate your browser to your Anchor installation URL, if you have placed Anchor in a sub directory make sure you append the folder name to the URL:
- Follow the installer instructions
- For security purposes, delete the
installdirectory when you are done.
Here are some example server configurations
These have been supplied by @tk421 to help you get started with your Anchor site
|Debian Jessie 8|
|Debian Wheezy 7.0|
|Ubuntu Vivid 15.04|
|Ubuntu Utopic 14.10|
|Ubuntu Trusty 14.04|