A bot playing Marbles On Stream with Twitch streamers. Written in Ruby.
How does it work?
- fetches every 2 minutes up to 5 Twitch live streams featuring Marbles On Stream with more than 50 viewers
- joins these channels and waits for many people to enter "!play" in the chat
- joins the game by sending a "!play" message to the Twitch Chat
- waits 210 seconds before play detection starts again
- doesn't spam chat
- only sends a !play message if there are other players
- automatically joins new streams
- automatically leaves streams not playing MOS any longer
MOSBot needs an OAuth key to join the Twitch Chat and a client ID to fetch streams from the Twitch Kraken API. You can edit the configuration in config.yml.
How to get an Twitch Chat OAuth key? Use the Twitch Chat OAuth Password Generator.
How to get a client ID? Register the app on the Twitch dev portal.