Syphon Virtual Screen
This project has been discontinued, and is no longer being maintained.
Syphon Virtual Screen was an open source app to add a fake extra-display to your mac and pipe its video content to use in your video workflow. This could be used i.e. to hijack video output of applications that can go full-screen but are not Syphon-enabled.
The project has been discontinued because of some recent changes in OSX 10.10 and greater:
- issues with kext signing (https://github.com/andreacremaschi/Syphon-virtual-screen/issues/27).
- low framerate (https://github.com/andreacremaschi/Syphon-virtual-screen/issues/33)
- Airplay mirroring broken on 10.9 and greater (https://github.com/andreacremaschi/Syphon-virtual-screen/issues/16)
Source code is still available for reference on the development branch.
If you are working on OSX before Yosemite (10.10) you can find the installer on the release page.
To uninstall SVS you should:
- Remove the "startup at login" item for Syphon Virtual Screen and delete the app from
- Open the Terminal and type:
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/EWProxyFramebuffer.kext sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions