node-catequil is an isomorphic (universal) chat app written in Express + MongoDB + React + Redux.
It is named after Catequil, an Inca god of thunder and lightning.
Currently it is still very much a work in progress.
git clone https://github.com/andrefs/node-catequil.git cd node-catequil npm install
Run each command in a different terminal window:
npm run dev:static
npm run dev:server
npm run prod:initdb && npm run prod:build && nom run prod:server
node-catequil stands on top of many giants' shoulders,
package.json for more details.
- Add multiple default user images and randomize when registering
- Allow to create new chat rooms
- Add room/conversation to sidebar when invited by someone
- Fix mobile layout
- Fix Facebook authentication
- Add more authentication mechanisms
- Implement user's profile view
- Allow user to change profile details
- Add new message visual clue for non-active channels
Bugs and stuff
Open a GitHub issue or, preferably, send me a pull request.